30 October 2009

I Was Born In A Small Town...

... and I lived in a small town.
And as much as I've tried to fight it, I've come to the conclusion that there's really not much better than a small town. Although, 10 years ago my mindset was a bit different. We were high schoolers who couldn't wait to get out of town... far, far away. And never come back.

Reasons we hated our small town (and believe me, we had a list in high school):

- no excitement
- everyone knows you
- you know everyone
- same old hangouts
- lack of options
- cozy



So this morning I had to call a local business in that small town. I told the business owner my name and my mom's name.
"OH HEY! How are you?"
Of course, now they know me by association. Thanks, Mom!


But when I hung up the phone, I realized that it's kinda nice to have conversations like that. It's kinda nice to personally know who you're talking to. Now for the updated list.


Reasons I love my small (home)town:
- no excitement
, no crime, no headline stories on the news
- everyone knows you or your mother
- you know everyone and all their business
- same old hangouts, bars, restaurants, and you know what to expect
- lack of options for your spouse to cheat and if they did, you'd know about it
- cozy

Shhh... just don't tell my mom.


Speaking of which:

1 comment:

  1. Amen. I hate learning who to trust in New York. No fun. I miss not having people like Penny Ziegler and Steve Abeischer around. I can't get that kind of service here. Sucks.

    ReplyDelete