30 July 2009

D Day

Today's D Day at work. Yep, that's right. Donation Day.

I'm not sure who thinks it's absolutely FABULOUS to wear blue jeans to work. Seriously... they're uncomfortable, unforgiving, and relatively unflattering. I'd much rather be wearing a skirt or something a little less restrictive.

Anyway... back to Donation Day. Today, you could wear blue jeans to work IF you donated three school supply items or $3. THREE DOLLARS!?!

picture from here

I realize that not all families can afford school supplies, especially in this economy. But come on... don't MAKE me donate.

It's not really a "goodwill gesture" if you FORCE it upon me. Blah. I didn't wear jeans today.

So there!

1 comment:

  1. I like the idea of donation day, but why tie it to the privilege of being able to wear jeans.

    You're right, it feels as though you're forced to make a contribution.

    ReplyDelete