18 June 2009

The world of txting...

So my sister just started texting. Given she's 36 years old and a child of the pre-technology age, this is an amazing feat.


It was a few years ago that I lived a block down the street from my sister and her family. She's married with two small children. At the time, I taught my niece (who was about 5 at the time) how to text my boyfriend using my phone. She thought it was the coolest thing ever and continued to keep in touch with my hunny via txt.


Well, a few months later, my sister went into the AT&T store to get a new phone. She opted for the pink RAZR since it was the freebie phone for signing a new contract. The salesperson asked if my sister needed the txting option. My niece piped up with, "YES! I txt!" And my sister just looked at her with the puzzled face.


Needless to say, Mom won and no txting was necessary on that plan.


Jump forward 2 or 3 years, and I was hanging out with my sister last weekened. She said, "OH! I've started txting! It takes me a while to respond, but you can txt me now!"


Since then, I've txted her a few times... and still, I'm not sure she gets it. But at least she's jumped into the 21st century!

1 comment:

  1. My dad still can't text, and my mom didn't know what a jump drive was. I brought it over with some things on it that she'd been asking for, and handed it to her, and she was like ... what am I supposed to do with this? *head/desk*

    ReplyDelete